Thursday, March 19, 2015

Irony or One of a Kind

I don't know about you, but I really like well done graffiti. I love the temporary-ness of it and the spontaneity, the subterfuge and the subversiveness. Anyway, walking through the next town over, in the last year or so, I came across this stenciled portrait and underneath were the words, One of a Kind. In appreciation of it, I made a little bookend homage, pictured below. Well, no sooner had the glaze on the piece cooled off when I found myself walking around town again and I noticed several more of these "One of a Kind"s stamped on sidewalks. On further inspection and subsequent research, they turned out to be advertising for someone's start up. Sadness. Not only was it not one of a kind, it was some kind of marketing campaign. Oh well. It caught my eye (original graffiti under my homage):



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors