Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday's plein aire is plain awful




Here's today's painting. I'd like to attempt this scene again, but from a different point of view, maybe across the street but more facing it from the front. I'll post a couple of photos from different perspectives, also. I started with the green wall on the right, but decided against it as it was looking a little too Utrillo-ish. The colors are not very true to what I have, but it's obvious I am still trying to figure out this landscape thing, especially with architecture. I have a new appreciation for anyone who goes out and does this on a regular basis. I need to draw more, especially with perspective which has never come easy for me. Practice practice practice. "Argh!", to quote Nathanael.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors