Thursday, July 23, 2009

Second Day



It's my second day and I finished another painting (bottom picture). These are not exactly how I envision how a piece will turn out, but they are also intriguing to me. This one is another corner of my space. The first one I did like this was in acrylic last year (top picture) so this was interesting to see if I could do something similar in oils. I am relying heavily on the dark outline. It keeps things spontaneous for me right now. If I were to work more on where surfaces meet I know I would fuss more on that relationship, so this is what I'm doing here, not letting myself get too fussy. The underpainting of Venetian Red is working well.
Other than the painting itself, I am a little panicked about getting boards ready in time. I am thinking about having them professionally cut so I can save time. It takes almost as much time to get a panel ready as it does to paint it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors