Monday, July 27, 2009

Yesterday's








Here's the beginning of last night's painting. The "real" still life first and then the underpainting/sketch. I'll work on it more tonight and post what I have later, maybe around midnight or so. I am still so in awe of Morandi's work, so this will be a modest homage of sorts. The way his forms melt into one another, how everything is connected is not just a painting, it's like a philosophical meditation that happens to be in visual form.
Addendum (Monday night, July 27): top most image in this post is what I've done so far. More to do, but this is the progress I've made. If this doesn't come out the way I would like to see it, I'll do a second version, or a variation on this theme.
Further addendum (Wednesday, July 29): the second one down is where I am now. I took out the blue rounded vase as it didn't seem like removing it would hurt the design. It still doesn't feel finished, but I've got to go on to the next one now.
Final addendum: the top picture is the final pass on this one...gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors